- This event has passed.
Member $35 Non Member $45
~ Gunbarrel location ~
Register in advance or at the door.
Presented by Amanda Blain
Yoga originated as a path to bring awareness to the conditioned aspects of ourselves, so that we may discover the peace of the unconditioned true-self within..
Research indicates that most humans are operating with only 2%-5% volition in their lives and that nearly 98% of our thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, behaviors, and emotions stem from subconscious programming/conditioning and the patterns which hold that programming in place. Renowned psychoanalyst and psychologist Carl Jung found that the subconscious mind is completely programmed/conditioned by around age seven. From that age forward, humans live their lives on psycho-emotional repeat. This remains true, despite the rising popularity of Eastern philosophy, ancient shamanic rituals, and “new age” spirituality.
Svadhyaya, or self-study, helps to shine light on the programming which keeps the psycho-emotional patterns going. Through this process we can dissolve our attachments to the perceptions and emotions upon which our conditioned-self has been created.
This awareness, combined with exercises in energetics, meditation, yoga nidra, asana, and pranayama empower practitioners to dissolve old patterns, reprogram the subconscious mind, access the scientifically proven intuition of the energetic heart, or Anahata Chakra.
This work provides an opportunity for the practitioner to meet, over and again, the unconditioned soul-self within, and the spark from whence it came, opening the door to higher purpose, greater harmony, and healing on all levels of being.
- Each session will include:
- Pranayama and Gentle Yogic Movement
- Discussion and Self-Inquiry on themed topic
- Energy exercises for Heightened Perceptions and Chakra Balance
- Meditation and/or Yoga Nidra
Students can pick and choose which classes to attend, or attend all six.
- January 20, 2019 – Awareness Leap: Subconscious Programs and Social Masks
SIGN UP for Jan 20, 2019
- February 17, 2019 – Attachments: How Subconscious Needs & Desires Create Our Experiences
SIGN UP for Feb 17, 2019
- March 17, 2019 – Allegory: Energetics and Symbolism of our Relationship to All
SIGN UP for March 17, 2019
- April 27, 2009 – Lifting the Veil: Psycho-Emotional Patterns, Subconscious Projections, Unconscious Perceptions
SIGN UP for April 27, 2019
- May 19, 2019 – Anahata: Experiencing the Unstruck – unconditioned – Self
SIGN UP for May 21, 2019